10.31.2010

Victory!!!

We celebrated our 2 year anniversary yesterday!  The whole day was dedicated to us... to spending time together... and it was SO much FUN!

First, we did something we don't get to do very often... SLEEP IN! It felt soooo good too!

Being married to a drummer means non-stop dashboard drumming every time we enter a vehicle.  Here is my dashboard drummer on the way to our first stop, Home Depot (I know... How ROMANTIC! haha BUT it REALLY was romantic! Keep Reading!):

One of my favorite memories from childhood is my snap dragon garden.  When we were building our house, Chad promised me that we would have a snap dragon garden.  Snap dragons need to be planted in the fall and we finished our house in the spring, so the snap dragons were never planted.  Well, Chad remembered his promise! He surprised me by pulling into the Home Depot parking lot!!! Too bad Home Depot didn't have any snap dragons! But at least he remembered!
Then he took me to my favorite restaurant - J. Michael's - for lunch.  It has such a cool beachy atmosphere! We used to go there for lunch a lot when we first met.

We both got Greek salads... mine got extra loaded with all the things my picky husband doesn't like! Pickled okra (YUM!), tomatoes, pepperoncini, olives, mushrooms... 

One of my favorite things to do is play Putt Putt... I think I like it so much because it's another childhood memory of mine. This summer Chad and I went Putt Putt about once a week.... and he beat me every time! But not this time!!!! That's right! The title of this post sums up my Putt Putt experience!  So WHAT if I only beat him by one point!!! I STILL WON!!!!!!  AND because I won.... I get to post this embarrassing picture of my man losing so gracefully!

And this one of me in my victory pose!

And I really like this one too!
 
Then, we were off to Pier Park to get some yummy frozen yogurt and to go to a paint-your-own pottery studio!  Here is my vanilla/dulce de leche yogurt with twix, heath bar, white chocolate chip, and cherry toppings! Mmm! Mmm! I promise there really is yogurt underneath all that sweetness! AND because it is yogurt... it is Healthy ;-)

Sorry, no pictures from the pottery studio because we were so busy making our coasters beautiful.  But I will post pictures of the finished products when I pick them up!

We ate a delicious dinner at Carrabbas... then went to the Hungry For Love Concert.  All of the bands were amazing!  This is Leeland...

All of the pictures were taken with the camera Chad got me for our anniversary!  It really was just a relaxing and fun day... something we needed!

What is your favorite place for a date?  Do you and your man have a game where YOU always win?  I desperately need to find something I can do better than him!

Oh, and I almost forgot.... Happy Halloween!  We are going to the festival at church tonight... what are your Halloween plans?

 

3 comments:

  1. You DID get your camera! I'm so glad! :) It sounds like a perfect anniversary day. So happy for you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good photos! What kinds of camera did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww this day sounds so fun! i love the snapdragon garden part...can't wait to see some pics!

    ReplyDelete