11.03.2010

Making Progress

I cooked dinner 2 nights in a row! Until this week, I couldn't even remember the last time I cooked dinner... good thing my hubby likes to cook!

Monday night: Salisbury Steak and Rice
Recipe (compliments of my lovely momma):
1 lb hamburger meat
1/2 cup Italian style bread crumbs
1 egg
1 chopped onion
salt & pepper
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can of milk

Knead together the meat, bread crumbs, egg, onion, salt & pepper.  Make hamburger patties out of the mixture.  Brown the patties in the frying pan.  For the gravy, switch to low heat, add can of mushroom soup, fill the can with milk and add it too.  Stir occasionally until gravy is desired thickness.  You can add a can of mushrooms to the gravy if you'd like!
             
Tuesday night: Jambalaya
Recipe: On the box of Zataran's Jambalaya Mix!
We have lots of deer sausage still from last hunting season, so we're trying to eat it all up before Chad brings home a deer this year!  I like making my jambalaya way meatier than the recipe calls for.  It calls for 1 lb of chicken... I put at least 1 lb of chicken and 4 sausage links!

Chad's parents came over for the Jambalaya.  We watched the election results and were excited about Marco Rubio winning the Senate race.  They remembered watching his farewell address to the Florida House of Representatives.  So I went and watched it on YouTube... here it is for you to enjoy.


Wow! Preach it Brother!!! I am so proud to have him as my Senator!

Here's another thing I take for granted... being an American!!!

I heard this great idea on the radio yesterday... they suggested to start a gratitude journal.  Just have a notebook where you write down things you are thankful for.  What better time to start than now, as we approach the Thanksgiving holiday!  They were suggesting it as a method to get out of debt.  I really need to start the gratitude journal because apparently, everyday I think of something ELSE I take for granted.  I think it would help me to be content with my life so that I won't want to buy more THINGS.

I HATE when I go shopping and see something I really need... ha, I don't NEED IT!!!!! I WANT IT!!!  I have an internal argument with myself every time:

Leah, just walk away, you have everything you NEED! But it is SO cute! No... No... wait til it goes on sale!

I really need to work on my self control when it comes to buying THINGS.  They are just THINGS! I KNOW THAT THINGS DON'T MATTER! So why do I always want THINGS???

So this post was pretty random, but I am definitely making progress as a housewife... cooking dinner AND having people over to eat it!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to save your recipes for when i start cooking one of these days :) And i'm right there with you on arguing with myself over needs and wants.

    ReplyDelete