11.03.2010

I thought I had nothing to say...

I really have nothing to say, but I thought that maybe you would like a little look into our home.  I love our home and I also like decorating it! Here's some of my brown/blue/green decor:


The green bottles above the cabinets are very special to me!  My extended family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins... lots and lots of cousins) used to spend a week every summer at an Indian Pass beach house.  So many memories were made there on the beach... shaving cream fights, fishing on the bounty, beach olympics, and red stained mouths from MawMaw's homemade freezy pops!  These green bottles were collected by my MawMaw throughout the years as she walked the beach looking for shells.  My MawMaw is a woman near and dear to my heart... she is my housewife role model!

We got the back-splash tile very cheap from a Surplus Warehouse and installed it ourselves.  Funny story there... Chad shocked himself while moving the plug out to make it flush with the tile and I caught it all on tape! I just tried to upload the video and it's not working for some reason.  Every time I use that outlet I have to snicker at the memory of his girly screech.


The sign is my disclaimer to my husband... and I think he likes it!



These are dish towels that I stretched over some wood frames.  It is a really easy project! All you need is a staple gun, a wood frame (I got mine from a photography business where I used to work... these were from the messed up canvas prints, but you can get them from the craft store in all sizes), and the fabric of your choice!

Just a little sneak peak into the home of the Real Housewife of Panama City! The kitchen is the only room I have cleaned so that's all you get to see!

So here it goes... this was supposed to be a post where I have nothing to say and the words are starting to pour out of my heart!  I've spent so much time and effort making this house a home.  Do-it-yourself projects and decorating are hobbies of mine.  What bothers me is that I spend more time thinking about decorating than I spend with God.  I look around at my home, satisfied by the outcome of all the hard work I have put into it.  When I look at my life and what I've accomplished for God's kingdom, I know that I fall short of His expectations for me.  I desperately need to examine my priorities!

My goal is to make these my priorities:
1. Get to know God better every day through personal time with Him!
2. Make myself available to Him for the work of His kingdom!

2 comments:

  1. I think we all struggle with making things we can physically touch and see a priority. We know that God works in our lives, but sometimes don't get to see the results immediately like we would in decorating or DIY stuff. Know that you're not alone!

    Oh and I would love to do some DIY with you soon! We are about to move and got to choose out paint colors this week :) we can make the house pretty (and talk about God while we are doing it!) and your kitchen looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah, this is something that's really been on my heart lately too! I always have a project on my mind (though I rarely find time to actually do it), am always wanting to do something to make our home look better, but feel like I spend so little time making my relationship with God better. Thanks for your open-ness and honesty! :)

    ReplyDelete